Sunday, April 17, 2011

Wherefore Art Thou Connie?

I am taking a look at Connie Moran's presence on the internet today. Connie is the two-term Ocean Springs mayor and Democratic candidate for state treasurer. I am making this entry in response to a friend of mine, who messaged me on Facebook. My friend said, "[Connie] said she wanted to use social media in a big way." Connie apparently hasn't figured it out yet.

She has no Democratic opponents, so she won't face a test until November, which is a good thing because she has very little presence on the internet that I have been able to find.

The only Facebook page that I could find of her was a personal Facebook page -- no asking for volunteers, no asking for money, no opportunity to get involved. The only mention of any candidacy is in the small print under, "About Connie:  http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/profile.php?id=1395451067  Her Facebook page reads like a personal page, not even any notice of appearances.

The only website that I have been able to find on Connie a city of Ocean Springs website with a picture and bio because she is mayor.

At first I didn't think she had a Twitter account, but then I noticed it -- with no photo and only one tweet. It apparently is a "I'm learning how to twitter" account. http://twitter.com/#!/Csmoran378

In short, Connie has a looooooong way to go. She is a bright woman, but she doesn't seem to have a clue about social media. Even Phil Bryant has a clue. 

2 comments:

  1. I don't think that is Connie's account. Check out who she's following. As far as I can tell none of them are local folks. You may have stumbled across someone with the same name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. John: As far as I can tell that absolutely is Connie's account. Follow the link, check it out and let me know if I am wrong. Also, send me a link if you know of another/other account of Connie's. Thanks for the comment. Toast

    ReplyDelete